I know that parents tend to think great things about their own kids, but Elizabeth seriously just amazes me so often! Today (I guess technically yesterday now), while driving, I was trying to tell E. a little bit about Martin Luther King, and why we celebrate his birthday. She seemed to be listening and was asking questions. Yes, the car may not be the best time, but hey! I have a pretty captive audience then ;-) As I was ending my little lesson, Elizabeth asked where MLK is now. Oops, did I leave that part out? I told her he died...he was killed by someone who did not like what he had been working for.
The rest of the conversation went something like this:
E: Is he in heaven?
M: Yes, I believe he is. He seemed to believe in Jesus.
E: Well, then he is alive in heaven.
M: Yes. He died on earth, but now he lives in heaven.
E: His old body is on earth, but God gave him a new body in heaven. I will have a new body in heaven because I believe in God, too.
She is a constant reminder of what it means to have the faith of a child!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just have to add this so I don't forget ;-)
Over Christmas we were at my parents' house. One of the college students at their church, Ms. Becky, is special friends with Elizabeth, so she and Ms. Lauren took E. shopping one day. Elizabeth came back carrying her own little bag. Now, mind you the bag was from Victoria's Secret. That caused a bit of a double-take! She came over so excited to show us. "Look what I bought!" She pulls out a lip-shaped container of lip gloss. phew! ;-) Then she starts in a excited, gets higher-pitched as she talks voice, "and I EVEN got MY OWN RECEIPT!!!!!"
I'm remembering this today because she was able to buy a CD with some of her Christmas money today. She was excited about this receipt, too. She wanted to put it straight in her room when we came home.
2 comments:
Wow! What an astute little girl!
My kids love the receipt too. Hannah especially - she even reads them and knows every detail written on them.
Gina (egh)
So precious! I love that she was so excited about the receipt from VS. And a great understanding of new life in Christ!
Post a Comment