Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken (click for orig. recipe)
Ingredients: (My changes are in green)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (Omitted this)
10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (Used three BIG boneless skinless ch. breasts)
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup lite soy sauce
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 cloves garlic, crushed (Used 3 cloves)
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root (Used 1/2 tsp ground)
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained with juice reserved (1 cup orange juice)
2 tablespoons cornstarch (4 Tbsp flour)
1/4 cup water (omitted)
In small mixing bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger, and pineapple/orange juice.
Place chicken in slow cooker, pour sauce over, making sure chicken is coated.
The recipe says to cover and cook on high for 4 hours. I cooked on low for about 6.
If you are using pineapple, stir in just before serving.
Remove chicken. Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl. Blend mixture into sauce to thicken. I did not have cornstarch, hence I just stirred flour into the sauce. It didn't really make much difference...until today! ;-)
We will definitely be making this again...It was super easy, and will be great with a little tweaking. Maybe a little less honey, and more garlic and ginger. I'm not sure about thickening the sauce yet. Enjoy!
2 comments:
That sounds great. Thanks for posting.
Thanks! I told my husband just the other day that I am "chickened" out. I am so tired of cooking chicken - so a new recipe will do me good! Thanks!
Post a Comment