Tuesday, January 20, 2009

No Wat for you!

Saturday, we took a last minute trip for some house hunting. We saw a house that I really wish would work. We loved the lot and the neighborhood. Just hoping for another room or two.

Anyway, the highlight of the day was going to be trying an Ethiopian restaurant in the area! I was so excited that we would have an ET restaurant right near us, instead of having to drive an hour or more to get to one. I was picturing us going there weekly, really getting to know the owners, and maybe meeting some college students who could tutor us in Amharic.

We drive down, loving the area. Get to the address, but don't see the restaurant. We figure maybe it's kind of hidden. So we park, get out with the kids, and walk up and down the street. I did ask David if he wants to call first. We don't see the restaurant. It's freezing, so we head back up to the car and call. The number is disconnected. No Ethiopian Restaurant :-( We end up eating Thai...which is good food, but it's not Ethiopian Wat.

At least we will still have two Ethiopian restaurants within an hour of us. They are in opposite directions, which is kind of nice. And they are both near colleges. So, maybe we won't be going weekly, but hopefully we'll still make some good connections.

No comments: