Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cousin AJ, VBS, and a day at the beach

We had a fun, busy week around here last week!  Our nephew down so he could come to Vacation Bible School and spend some time with the kids.  It's always interesting to watch how the dynamics of playtime with the addition of a new child.  A.J. is 11 months older than Elizabeth, so we had a male oldest child for the week.  The change was very obvious while listening to the kids' imaginative play :-) 

V.B.S. was from 6-8pm Sunday to Thursday.  All the kids enjoyed it!  They made some new friends and did a great job learning memory verses each day ;-)  Isaac was spoiled  loved on constantly by nursery helpers.  David and I "lead" the 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders.  Though I think some nights we were just running to keep up!  Thursday evening closed V.B.S. with a carnival including a moon bounce, super slide, popcorn, cotton candy, and lots of fun! 

The kids and I mostly stayed home during the day, though we did venture out to Wal-mart and Sam's for lunch and some shopping on Tuesday.  Thursday I decided to brave the beach with the four kids.  We have a great lake near us where one of the swimming areas is pretty shallow.  As in the lifeguard SITS in the water at the deepest part.  Oh yeah, and knowing there would be a lifeguard boosted my confidence.  One other fun thing about this beach is that it's directly under the landing path for our small airport.  So, my airplane loving boy can watch all the planes he wants!  I'm glad we went.  The kids had a lot of fun.  We had to rush home to take showers, and all the kids fell asleep on the way to V.B.S., but it was worth it.

I've been doing a terrible job taking pictures lately, but I did remember to get some at the beach!  Enjoy!






No comments: