Can I just tell you that God is a great? His plans for our lives are so intricately woven, and we don't even know the tiniest fraction of the ways He works in our lives. But I want to share one particular blessing from today.
Elizabeth and I had a conversation today about what it means for individuals, particularly siblings, to be family. She understands that a baby we adopt would be her brother or sister, but I think she was a little bit confused when I mentioned that the children who come to our family might be toddlers or even her age.
What is the blessing? We have many families in our church who have children both through adoption and birth. I was able to point to some of her good friends and their brothers and sisters as a concrete way for her to see that no matter how they came together, they are still family. I was amazed at how readily she understood this. Thank you, God, for letting us know these wonderful people!
What makes this an even more incredible blessing, is that living here now and going to this church was not in David and my plans. I don't believe we would have the same kind of friends, support, or examples had we followed OUR plans. We would have gone to "our own" church and then moved half-way across the country. Many would attribute it to circumstances--David's dad being sick and passing away lead us to stay at the church, and the contract for his company not going through prevented us from moving when we planned. However, I believe GOD ordained it all. He knew where needed to be, and He lead us to this time and this place.
There are so many other blessings that I want to share. They are all running around in my mind (which may attribute to things coming out kind of jumbled in this post). However, I told my darling husband I was coming to bed about 45 minutes ago...oops! So, I guess these will have to save for another day.
Many, Many Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment