While we were browsing the produce section of the grocery store for something new to try, we found starfruit! I don't think any of my kids have had it before, so we bought it. I wasn't sure how to tell if it was ripe, so I tried to pick ones that were more yellow.
The kids were excited to try it! Josiah was convinced that he was going to eat a whole one by himself. Cutting it into the star shapes made it even more exciting :-)
Isaac and Nathanael both liked it wanted more. Hannah enjoyed hers, too. Josiah did not enjoy it as much as he expected. He ate it, but only after peeling the skin off. Elizabeth didn't really care for it, mostly because of the texture. I think we were all expecting it to be sweeter than it was. It has a light flavor, which was enjoyable. My mom mentioned that she had planned to buy some to float in water for an event. I think it would be enjoyable that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment