Thursday, November 6, 2008

More Peas Please

I felt like I was in an alternate universe this evening during dinner. Elizabeth cheered that we were having peas. Seriously, whose kids do that? The amazing thing is, this is not uncommon for her. She loves peas! What totally surprised me was that once I gave Josiah a bite of peas, he gobbled them down AND asked for more! I don't think he has willingly eaten anything green (or any vegetable, other than corn, for that matter) since we stepped off the plane! Maybe it was the tomato sauce...I'll have to remember that for the next time.

On top of that, they excitedly ran to the tub for a bath. They played VERY well together in the tub, even helping each other get their hair wet for shampooing. Now they are are kissing and hug-tackling each other. Elizabeth didn't even get that upset with Josiah accidentally knocked over her Lego creation! This is an extremely welcome change--it seems like arguing and screeching is all I've heard from them the past three days. Thank you, God, for an evening of fun and family enjoyment! This mommy definitely needed it!

1 comment:

Ryan Hale said...

Heh, that makes me think of when I was feeding my daughter some peas in China while we were trying to give an update to our friends and family back home on video. It didn't go very well! We memorialized the experience on a trip video that we did. You can see it here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8579967426864700394&ei=HUkUSYegFoKM-QHK9fH0Dw&q=journey+to+ellie#6m04s