Today was like Valentine's Day at our house. Elizabeth had a party at pre-school. She received so many cards and candy you would have thought it was Halloween! After school, we had fun going out to meet some friends for lunch and shopping.
When we arrived home, there were flowers waiting fo me--a dozen beautiful roses and six Calla Lillies! Yes, they were a little early for Valentine's Day, but David knows I appreciate the flowers more knowing he did not pay the $30 or so they were going to charge for delivering Thursday.
After we had been home a little while, the delivery man came again and brought red and pink lillies for Elizabeth! What a sweet Daddy! He made sure to include Elizabeth in the Valentine's surprise. (Any guy who tries to date her in the future is going to have to treat her like a queen...just as it should be!) Of course, this melts my heart more than just getting flowers myself. "The way to a mother's heart is through her children," I've heard. I'm finding it more and more to be true!
No comments:
Post a Comment